Thursday, July 29, 2010

All things become memories eventually...


I was going through some items I brought out the other day. One box was filled with riding competition ribbons that my Mom had saved for me since I was 7. I didn't do a lot of showing, but at most shows, I placed. It may not have been first or even second, but I placed. Most of all I enjoyed it, and I'm sure it brought joy to my parents to see me enjoy it. I decided to hang them up in my "craft room/office" tonight. As I started hanging up each ribbon, I was thinking of the memories that went with that show, that horse, etc. Some relatives of mine are moving out of the country soon. They have sold their home and given away or sold their possessions, boxed up what they wanted to keep in storage and off they will go to a foreign country & foreign way of life. Their home, the property they lived on for the past 15 years, will become a memory. If you think about it, everything becomes just a memory over time.

Tonight was our first night to do NOTHING and relax that we have had in a while. We watched tv, laid on the couch. Did nothing. Very unproductive but required for resting purposes.

You know who you are: I hope you are finally able to get the rest that you've needed for a month as things finally calm down. I think you will enjoy your new adventure! I can't wait to join you sometime.

I will post another horse history and then go to bed. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment